Living costs money. No matter how much effort is put into saving, it is impossible to spend the month without spending money . You can cut back on many things, but there are minimal costs that can not be adjusted, or at least not without drastically reducing the quality of life (food, education of children or medicines are some examples) . But … can you live by spending little money?
The problem for most people is that they usually spend a lot more money than they should , and that is a serious mistake. It is not the first time that we defend an austere lifestyle closely related to minimalism. The happiness that comes from buying a new phone or a new car is fleeting. It disappears in a short time and that is why you have to learn to fight the impulse of purchase .
TEN TIPS FOR LIVING SPENDING LITTLE MONEY
If you really want to be happy you have to learn to live by spending little money. To achieve this we propose that you put into practice the following ten tips:
- Be mindful that spending money will not give you happiness . The first step to not spend money is to be very clear that, contrary to what they try to make us believe, money and happiness are not so closely related. You can be happy spending very little money.
- Review all the things you have : clothes, technological products, food, furniture … Are you sure you need new things? Try emptying your closet completely and putting everything back inside. We ask you again, are you sure you need new things?
- Buy yourself a notebook and keep a cent to cent control of your expenses . Write them all, even if it's only twenty cents. You can also use some expense management app like Spendee or Fintonic.
- Pay it all in cash . Hide your debit and credit cards and make all your payments with coins and bills. If possible, use small bills, maximum of 20 euros.
- Each time you have to buy something that costs more than 20 euros, postpone the decision for two days . If after 48 hours you still think you need to buy it, do it.
- Sell your car From now on, your trips will be walking, cycling, public transportation or through a collaborative economy transport like BlaBlaCar.
- Buy second-hand things and trade . Avoid paying with money. Instead, offer something you no longer need in exchange for that product you would like to have.
- If you have no choice but to buy something new, buy online (Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress …) and try to take advantage of the days of discounts or special discounts.
- Try to do things yourself , do not pay for them. Thanks to YouTube it has never been so easy to learn to do repairs, sloppy at home or small fixes.
- Learn to enjoy the free plans of your city . Forget about restaurants, cinemas or theaters. Instead, enjoy the free activities that are available in all cities, especially in summer.
If you put these ten tips into practice, you will be able to live by spending a lot less money than you spend today. As we explained to you at the beginning of the article, money and happiness do not have to be paired . You can be very happy spending very little money.
Maybe you're interested too …
- 10 cheap and healthy meals that will help you save on a day-to-day basis
- Change of schedule: do we save something?
- Save with the car? 7 infallible tips
- Healthy eating and saving: it is possible and we show you how
- How much does it cost to have a baby?
- All the reasons why you should start to lead a minimalist life